WDRV – The Drive’s “Show Us Your Drive” T-Shirt Design Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The WDRV – Show Us Your Drive T-Shirt Design Contest (the “Contest”) is open to listeners 18 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period – The Contest begins at 9:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on August 14, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on September 22, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will be broken out three (3) separate periods as follows: (i) a submission period where the entries can be submitted which shall begin at 9:00:00 AM CT on August 14, 2017 and end at 11:59:59 PM CT on September 8, 2017 (“Submission Period”), and (ii) a contest judging period where independent judges will judge each entry which will begin on or about September 9, 2017 and ending on September 12, 2017 (“Judging Period”); and (iii) a voting period where the public can vote for their favorite Finalist submission which will begin at 9:00 AM CT on September 13, 2017 and end at 11:59:59 PM PT on September 22, 2017 (“Public Voting Period”).
- How to Enter: To enter, visit wdrv.com (“Website”), find the Contest tab, and download the Drive logo provided on the Website. Then, create your original t-shirt design (hereinafter, your “Design”) in compliance with the T-Shirt Design Rules set forth in Official Rule #4 below. Then, visit the Website to find, complete and submit the online entry form by providing your complete name, city, date of birth, daytime telephone number, and email address, and uploading your Design. Sponsor is not responsible for problems submitting the entry or for technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, uploading your Design, or any other problems which might or might not result from this Contest. Entries may be submitted by amateur designer ONLY; Design must be submitted by the creator of the Design; There is no limit on the number of entries/Designs any one individual can submit, but limit of one (1) Design per entry form. Anyone submitting an entry form without uploading a Design will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any attempt to enter via any other method may disqualify that participant, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All entries/Designs must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on September 8, 2017 to be eligible. In the event not enough qualified and eligible entries are received during the Contest Period, Sponsor shall have the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to cancel the Contest.
- T-Shirt Design Rules: Designs submitted must be entrant’s original creative product, and must not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property or privacy rights. Designs must:
- Not incorporate or include more than 5 colors;
- Only appear on one side of the t-shirt
- Only use the original Drive logo provided on the Website for download;
- Not manipulate the Drive logo in any manner;
- Not use copyrighted graphics without the express permission of the copyright owner; and
- Not incorporate artist pictures
- Must be received in a high-resolution minimum 300 dpi format
Any Design submitted that does not comply with the preceding T-Shirt Design Rules will be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. By entering, you hereby grant to Sponsor the perpetual, unlimited, non-exclusive, worldwide and irrevocable right to modify, create derivative works of, edit, post, publish, distribute, sell or otherwise use the Design in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission.
- Judging and Public Voting: During the Judging Period, Sponsor will judge each Design using the following judging criteria: creativity/originality of Design (51%) and Design’s appeal to the Drive’s target listening audience (49%) (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). The top three (3) Designs with the highest scores using the preceding Judging Criteria will be deemed Finalists and will move on to the Public Voting Period where the public will vote for their favorite Finalist. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the creativity/uniqueness criteria will be deemed the winning Design from among all tying Designs.
All Finalists’ Designs will then be posted on the Website during the Public Voting Period (defined in Official Rule #2 above) where the public can vote for their favorite Finalist’s Design. Limit of one (1) vote per day per person during the Public Voting Period. The Finalist with the highest number of votes at the end of the Public Voting Period will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Finalist whose score was the highest during the Judging Period using the Judging Criteria will be deemed the winning Finalist from among all tying Finalists. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email and announced on the Website.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize – Bragging Rights. ARV: There is no actual retail value associated with this prize. It’s hard to put a price on being the best.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Contest, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the name of the Contest winner (available after April 29, 2017), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 26, 2017 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), WDRV The Drive’s “Concert For A Cause Apple Vacations Trip” Contest, 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV The Drive 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611.