BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV The Drive’s Free Trip Fly-day with Funjet Vacations Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners who are at least 21 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan, who have a valid passport and credit card. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611 (“Sponsor”), The Mark Travel Corporation, Funjet Vacations (“Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. Further, in order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, the potential winner cannot have won a vacation from any of The Mark Travel Corporation business units, including but not limited to Funjet Vacations, Southwest Vacations, and United Vacations consumer promotions in the last twelve (12) months. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 PM (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on June 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 AM CT on September 1, 2017 (“Sweepstake Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into fourteen (14) weekly entry pools (each, an Entry Pool”) during the Sweepstakes Period as set forth in the Entry Pool Entry and Drawing Chart below:
3. How to Enter: To enter, visit www.wdrv.com, find the “The Drive’s Free Trip Fly-days with Funjet Vacations” contest tab, and complete and submit he online entry form to receive one (1) entry into that week’s Entry Pool. Limit one (1) entry per person per Entry Pool. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM each Friday for each week’s Entry Pool, or by 11:59:59 AM CT on Friday, September 1, 2017 to be entered into the final Entry Pool. Any attempt by any listener to become a winner more than once by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods, may disqualify that person from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. How to Win a Grand Prize – At or about 12:00:00 PM CT (noon) each Friday beginning June 2, 2017, a random drawing will occur from among all eligible entries received in that week’s Entry Pool to select one (1) Grand Prize winner per Entry Pool, for a total of fourteen (14) Grand Prize winners. The odds of becoming a Grand Prize winner depend on how many eligible entries are received in each Entry Pool. All non-winning entries from any Entry Pool WILL be carried over to subsequent Entry Pools.
MUST ANSWER THE PHONE TO WIN. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted by telephone at or about 1:00 PM CT on the day his/her entry is selected, and if that potential Grand Prize winner answers their telephone when called, he/she will be the Grand Prize winner (subject to verification). However, if that potential Grand Prize winner does NOT answer his/her phone when called, he/she will NOT be the Grand Prize winner, and Sponsor will randomly select another potential Grand Prize winner and contact that person by telephone. This process will continue until one of the potential Grand Prize winner’s answers their phone when called by Sponsor. By entering, each entrant hereby acknowledges, agrees and grants Sponsor permission to record the call when he/she is contacted by phone, and that call recording and may be edited and/or aired over the air at a later time at Sponsor’s sole discretion without any other prior approval from entrant.
Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – Fourteen (14) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Entry Pool during the Sweepstakes Period) – A 3-night all-inclusive trip for two (2) to the RUI Hotel and Resort at a destination of winner’s choice from the following locations in Mexico or the Caribbean: Cancun, Riviera Maya, Los Cabos, Punta Cana, Puerto Vallarta, or Riviera Nayarit (each, a “Destination”). Trip includes: roundtrip coach non-stop airfare from Chicago to the Destination in Mexico for two (2) people, ground transportation to/from airport/hotel; and three (3) nights/four (4) days all-inclusive (includes drinks and meals) hotel accommodations at RUI Hotel and Resort. ARV: $1,050.00 each.
Trip must be taken by June 25, 2018, or will be forfeited. Flight service to some Destinations may vary based on departure date. Based on availability and reservations are required. Travel must occur between the following dates: June 1-26, 2017; July 9-November 22, 2017; December 1-15, 2017; January 8-February 12, 2018; March 1-10, 2018; April 20-May 25, 2018; and June 1-12, 2018. Trips are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Winners are solely responsible for airline taxes and fees which are $175.00 per person. All expenses not specifically listed in these Official Rules (including but not limited to ground transportation to/from the airport in Chicago) are sole responsibility of the winners. The prize will be awarded only if the potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner except Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Taxes and fees are subject to change upon notice from Sponsor and are nonrefundable. Winner is responsible for charges incurred for winner name changes or trip cancellations. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Additional air carrier baggage charges are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. Any optional service fees including seat selection, meals, and drinks are not included and are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. If the winner and his/her guest miss the initial flight as scheduled to Mexico, the winner will forfeit the prize. If the winner and/or his/her guest is not present for the return flight to Chicago, IL, he/she is solely responsible for his/her return flight to Chicago. Guest must be at least 21 years of age or older with a legal US passport and will be required, along with the Grand Prize winner, to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007, all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea ravel. For more information, please visit the State Departments consular website at www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website at www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree. Should any hotel or Destination be dropped from Funjet Vacations product line prior to booking, Funjet Vacations shall have the right to substitute a comparable hotel or Destination.
All Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of a Prize.
The Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Winners will be required to sign a Liability and/or Publicity Release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
6. Claiming a Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, the potential winner must claim his/her prize in person at the WDRV The Drive Studio at 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611, during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:30 PM CT, M-F) within 10 business days of winner notification and verification. The winner must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until June 21, 2017. For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by September 8, 2017, to: WDRV The Drive’s Free Trip Fly-days with Funjet Vacations Winners, 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV The Drive, 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611.