WDRV – THE DRIVE’S
SHERMAN & TINGLES BAGS BASH CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility – The WDRV – The Drive’s Sherman & Tingles Bags Bash Contest (the “Contest”) is open to listeners 21 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph St. Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, Beacon Tap, Pacifico (collectively, “Promotional Participants”), including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Contest, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Contest or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period – The Contest begins at 10:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) Friday, May 25, 2018 and ends at 3:00 PM CT on Saturday, June 9, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of a sign-up period where eligible participants can sign up for a chance to compete in the Contest which shall begin at 10:00 AM CT May 25th and end at 12:00 PM CT on June 9, 2018 (“Sign-up Period”); and a competition period which shall begin at 12:00 PM CT and end at 3:00 PM CT on June 9, 2018 (“Competition Period”).
- How to Enter – To enter, (1) visit Beacon Tap located at 1374 Lee Street, Des Plaines, IL, during the Sign-Up Period, and be one of the first teams to sign up to compete (“Event”). The first 16 teams to sign up during the Sign-up Period will move on to the competition (each, a “Team” or collectively, “Teams”). (2) Head to com during the Sign-Up Period for your chance to win entry into the competition. WDRV will randomly choose 16 teams from the online submissions on Friday, June 8, 2018 that will move on to the competition. Teams must consist of 2 eligible individuals. Anyone attempting to sign up after 32 Teams have signed up, or after 12:00 PM CT will not be eligible to compete.
- How to Compete: There will be a total of 5 rounds beginning at or about 12:00 PM CT, that will be played in order to decide the Grand Prize winning Team. The rounds will consist of the following (each, a “Round”):
ROUND 1: 32 Teams will compete simultaneously on 6 boards. The 16 Teams who won each Game during Round 1 will move on to Round 2 and the 16 Teams who lost each Game during Round 1 will be disqualified.
ROUND 2: 16 Teams will compete simultaneously on 6 boards. The 8 Teams who won each Game during Round 2 will move on to Round 3, and the 8 Teams who lost each Game during Round 2 will be disqualified.
ROUND 3: 8 Teams will compete simultaneously on 6 boards. The 4 Teams who won each Game during Round 3 will move on to Round 4, and the 4 Teams who lost each Game during Round 3 will be disqualified.
ROUND 4: 4 Teams will compete simultaneously on 4 boards. The 2 Teams who won each Game during Round 4 will move on to Round 5 and the 2 Teams who lost each Game during Round 4 will be disqualified.
ROUND 5: 2 Teams will compete simultaneously on 2 boards. The Team who wins Round 5 will be deemed the Grand Prize winner, and the Team who lost Round 5 will be disqualified.
NOTE: Each round the two teams competing against each other will play 3 total games. The winner of the best of 3 games will move on to the next round.
- Game Rules:
A “Game” is made up of frames wherein each team rotates tossing their team’s 4 bags until all bags (8 total) have been tossed towards the opposite board. At the conclusion of each frame, the score is calculated and added to the team’s net total. A winner is determined when a team reaches or surpasses 21 at the conclusion of a frame. Number of frames played varies per Game.
Each court consists of 2 boards spaced 27 feet apart front-to-front and two sets of 4 bags. Boards will be measured by Beacon Tap before scheduled Game time. All boards and bags are provided by Beacon Tap.
The object is to be the first Team to reach or surpass 21 points. Points are scored by landing a tossed bag on the board (1 point) and by having a tossed bag drop into the hole (3 points). Once all eight bags have been tossed, players calculate the points scored per Team. The Team with the higher number of points is award the point difference. Example: “Team A” scores 8 points in frame 1, and “Team B” scores 2 points in frame 1. “Team B”‘s 2 points are subtracted from “Team A”‘s 8 points awarding 6 points to “Team A”‘s net total.
All scoring discrepancies need to be taken to the Sponsor representative immediately. Sponsor representative will make the final ruling on all discrepancies in his/her sole discretion. Please remember, we are out here to have fun!
Beginning a Game:
Each Team will select one person to be that Team’s captain (“Captain”). The Captains begin each Game with a coin flip. The winner determines the end from which play will begin and gets the first throw.
After the first frame (See Beginning of Game), the team that scores the most points per frame tosses first in the next frame. If no points are scored, the last team to score points in a frame tosses first.
Knocking Opponents Bags Off Boards:
It is fair game.
Violations Resulting in Bag Being Removed from Board:
Bags may be removed from board if the player crosses the foul line before releasing the bag, the bag hits the ground and bounces onto the board, or the bag strikes an object such as a tree limb, indoor ceiling, person, etc.
The first Team to reach a minimum of 21 points at the end of a frame wins the Game, and that Team moves on to the next applicable Round.
Players may stand anywhere to the left or right of the board but must stay on that side for the entire Game. Court area is anywhere behind the front of the board. Teammates stand at opposite boards but must play on the same side.
The foul line is located at the front of the board. All players must toss from behind the foul line. If a player crosses the foul line on his or her toss, that toss does not count, and they cannot toss that bag again.
Player Requirements and Substitutions:
A maximum of 2 players per Team must be present to play in each Round. If a player arrives late, they cannot substitute in the middle of a Game.
A team will forfeit their Game if at least one player does not show up within 10 minutes of their scheduled playing time, awarding the opposing Team the win.
A “no-show” (have not arrived in 10 minutes) will be recorded as a forfeit and that Team will then be be disqualified.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV’s”) – One (1) Grand Prizes (winning Team of Round 5) – Two (2) $250 Gift Cards, one (1) awarded per Teammate. ARV: $500.00 each. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the card.
Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting the Prize. Winners may be required to sign liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor may substitute any prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Claiming the Prize – The winning Team will claim their Grand Prize in person at the end of the Event. The winner must prove he or she is an eligible winner by presenting identification acceptable to WDRV (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is an eligible winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the winning Team members, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Drive’s Sherman & Tingles Bags Bash Contest Winners/Rules (designate which), 130 E. Randolph St. Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
- Sponsors – Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph St. Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.