WDRV – The Drive’s “Do it Again with Steely Dan” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – The Drive’s Do it Again with Steely Dan Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners who are at least 21 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes runs weekdays only and begins on April 15, 2019, at or about 4:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) and ends at or about 5:00 PM CT on April 19, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: This is a listen and win Sweepstakes. To play, listeners need to listen to WDRV The Drive during the 4:00 Free Ride each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period for a Steely Dan song to be played. Once you hear the Steely Dan song being played during the 4:00 Free Ride, be the 19th caller to call in and reach the Station by calling 312-642-9378 to be a Qualifier, receive a Qualifier Prize and an entry into the Grand Prize random drawing.
Limit one (1) winner per person/household during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes.
4. Grand Prize Random Drawing: On or about April 19, 2019 after the 4’oclock Free Ride, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible Qualifiers. Odds of being the Grand Prize winner are 1:5. The Grand Prize winner will be notified via telephone or email on or about the day of the random drawing. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts to reach the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event Sponsor is not able to reach the potential Grand Prize winner after two (2) attempts, he/she will forfeit his/her right to the prize, and an alternate may be selected from among all remaining Qualifiers, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. Prizes – One (1) Grand Prize – A trip for two (2) people to see Steely Dan: Reelin’ In The Chips 2 in Las Vegas. Trip includes: two (2) nights hotel accommodations at The Venetian® Las Vegas (one standard room, double occupancy) checking in on May 2, 2019 and checking out on May 4, 2019; roundtrip air transportation (up to $800) and two (2) tickets to the Steely Dan: Reelin’ In the Chips 2 show on May 3, 2019 at Las Vegas Residency live at the Venetian.. ARV: $1,550.00. Winner and guest must depart on May 2, 2019 and return on May 4, 2019 or prize will be forfeited. Transportation and parking are not included as part of the prize. The winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded, including but not limited to transportation. The winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. Each winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any cost or circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor if concert or meet and greet, or any part of the prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, any force majeure event such as hurricane, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, insurrection or terrorist threat. In the event of such cancellation, the Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to the winner if the concert is not rescheduled. Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the ticket. Seat locations are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Winner must use the hotel on dates specified by Sponsor or that portion of the prize will be forfeited. Taxes and fees are subject to change upon notice from Sponsor. Prize is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. In the event the show is cancelled, the show will not be included as part of the prize and Sponsor shall not be responsible for any such cancellation. Guest must be at least 21 years of age or older.
Grand Prize winner and guest will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the Grand Prize winner accepts the Grand Prize, and even if the Grand Prize winner does not use the Grand Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. The Grand Prize winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
Five (5) Qualifier Prizes (one (1) per day)– Two (2) tickets to the Steely Dan concert at Ravinia in Highland Park, IL on September 2, 2019. ARV: $70.00 each. Transportation and parking are not included as part of the prize. Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions included on the ticket. Tickets may not be resold on eBay or Craigslist or similar third party site. Seat location is at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The prizes will be awarded only if the potential winners fully comply with these Official Rules. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Each winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. Each winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any. Each winner will be required to complete and submit a W9 tax form, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) prior to and as a condition of receiving the prize. Sponsor will issue a 1099 to the proper taxing authorities.
5. Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must sign and return the Release Forms to the Station via email or mail within five (5) business days of receiving the Release Forms, or prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Sweepstakes, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
9. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois, USA; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois, USA.
10. Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Sweepstakes winners’ (available after May 28, 2019), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 7, 2019 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), The Drive’s Do It Again with Seaver & Janda Sweepstakes, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
11. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, The Drive, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601