OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES 21 OR ABOVE MEETING THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH BELOW. THIS CONTEST IS FOR ENTRY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE CONSTRUED AND INTERPRETED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBILE AND/OR LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These Official Rules are for BetChicago.com Contests(the “Contest”), which are nationwide free-to-play contest sponsored by Illinois Sports Gaming, LLC, 1200 Harger Rd., Suite 325, Oak Brook, Illinois, 60523 (“Sponsor”) and administered by Chalkline Sports, 41 Peabody St., Nashville, TN 37210 (“Administrator”).
Contest entries will be accepted as soon as each contest is live on the BetChicago.com site until the associated sporting events begin.
This contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to individuals 21 years of age or older who, as of the Contest Date, are legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan or Wisconsin. If you are entering the Contest from a mobile device, you may be required to turn on location services on your mobile device. Employees of Illinois Sports Gaming, LLC, Chalkline Sports, Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its radio station 97.1 The Drive (“Prize Provider”), or any of their respective participating affiliates (the “Promotion Parties”), and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouse) and households of each such employee are not eligible to participate. Sponsor and/or Administrator reserve the right to verify eligibility at any time. Only one entry per e-mail address and only one entry per household is allowed.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN: PLAY: Contest entries are not real money wagers and no winnings shall be paid out in respect of such Contest entries other than as set forth below in these Official Rules. In order to play, eligible participants must predict outcomes of sporting events. Winning is defined as correctly picking the outcome of all (6) questions. There will be a maximum of 10 winners in any contest, unless otherwise specified. If more than 10 contestants qualify as a winner, there will be a random draw to establish the 10 prize recipients. In the event that no participant successfully answers the game questions, no prize shall be awarded. Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. Entries must be submitted by the time the first game related to the contest starts.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email. All posted results are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone numbers of participants.
- PRIZES: Contestants who successfully answer the game questions and are selected as prize recipients shall receive a 97.1 The Drive T-shirt. One grand prize winner, chosen by random draw from the prize recipients, will receive a $200 VISA Gift Card.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed W-9 is received.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering into the Contest, a participant grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her proper name, e-mail address, and other provided information for any lawful purpose, including the possible future sale or transfer of such information to other commercial sports-related media websites offering similar content and services. A participant grants to Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name, e-mail address and state of residence online and in print or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest, (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims judgment and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket cost incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: The parties, including all participants, waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules or the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Illinois, in the City of Chicago, County of Cook.
- GOVERNING LAW: These Official Rules and the interpretation of its terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of laws rules. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Illinois state and federal courts located in the City of Chicago, County of Cook, and State of Illinois. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- WINNERS: For the names of Contest winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Illinois Sports Gaming, LLC, 1200 Harger Rd., Suite 325, Oak Brook, Illinois, 60523. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the conclusion of the applicable Contest.
This contest is sponsored by Illinois Sports Gaming, LLC, 1200 Harger Rd., Suite 325, Oak Brook, Illinois, 60523