Blow This Town with Tropical Trips In Punta Cana Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – The Drive’s Blow This Town Tropical Trips 2 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners 21 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana and have a valid passport. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Apple Vacations, RIU Hotels, (collectively, the “Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you or anyone in your household cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period – The Sweepstakes begins on January 30, 2023 at or about 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”), and ends on February 26, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of four (4) separate weekly play periods when the Artist of the Week will play on-air as follows: Week 1 shall begin at 12:00:00 AM CT on January 30, 2023 and end at 11:59:59 PM CT on February 5, 2023; Week 2 shall begin at 12:00:00 AM CT on February 6, 2023 and end at 11:59:59 PM CT on February 12, 2023; Week 3 shall begin at 12:00:00 AM CT on February 13, 2023, and end at 11:59:59 PM CT on February 19, 2023, and; Week 4 shall begin at 12:00:00 AM CT on February 20, 2023 and end at 11:59:59 PM CT on February 26, 2023 (each a “Weekly Entry Period”). PLEASE NOTE: The Sweepstakes Period does NOT include any time when a syndicated program is playing on-air (Mondays through Fridays 10:00 PM – 10:50 PM; Saturdays from 10:00 PM – Midnight; Sundays 6:00 AM – Noon and Sundays 9:00 PM – Midnight) (“Syndication Exclusion Period”)
3. How to Enter – To enter, listen to The Drive through the 97.1 The Drive App or website Stream Player at www.wdrv.com (collectively, “App”) during the Sweepstakes Period for a song to be played on-air by each Weekly Entry Period’s Artist of the Week (the Artist of the Week for Week 1 is Aerosmith; Week 2 is AC/DC; Week 3 is Def Leppard, and; Week 4 is Journey). Once you hear an Artist of the Week song played on-air, tap or click the button on the App, and you will gain an entry into the drawing. Before each Weekly Entry Period ends, visit the Prize Details page to officially submit your entries into the drawing. You will have only the length of the eligible Artist of the Week song to enter. Once the Artist of the Week song ends and the next track, the DJ or an advertisement begins, the chance at an entry is over until another song by the applicable Artist of the Week is played during the Sweepstakes Period. You must tap or click the button in order to receive a valid entry. Please Note: the Sweepstakes will not be available during any Syndication Exclusion Period defined in Official Rule #2 above. Note that webcasts of Stations’ programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the entry, internet, app, Wi-Fi, or other technical malfunctions which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes.
4. Random Drawing: A Grand Prize random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor each Monday during the Sweepstakes Period to occur on January 9, 2023, January 16, 2023, January 23, 2023, and January 30, 2023 (each, a “Weekly Random Drawing”). Odds of being named a Grand Prize winner depend on the number of eligible entries received in Weekly Entry Period. Non-winning entries from any Weekly Entry Period will NOT roll over to subsequent Weekly Entry Periods. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Each Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone or email on or about the day of the applicable random drawing where they are selected as a Grand Prize winner. Sponsor will make up to 2 attempts to contact each potential Grand Prize winner. If Sponsor is unable to contact any potential Grand Prize winner after 2 attempts, that potential Grand Prize winner will forfeit the Grand Prize, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner from among all remaining qualifiers, time permitting.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – Four (4) Grand Prizes – A trip for two (2) people to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, on a Sponsor-specified to-be-determined date before February 24, 2024. Trip includes: roundtrip coach airfare for two (2) people from Chicago to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, three (3) nights hotel stay in a standard double occupancy room at RUI Hotel and Resorts and all-inclusive amenities including meals and most drinks. ARV: $2,500.00 each. Winner and guest must depart and return on dates specified by Sponsor, or trip will be forfeited in its entirety. Expires February 24, 2024 and if Prize is not used before February 24, 2024 prize will be forfeited in its entirety and go unawarded. All elements of the trip must be used in a single trip or any unused portion will go unawarded.
Reservations must be made through Apple Vacations Promotions Department. Blackout dates may apply and restricted dates of travel include: 5 days prior to and after holidays such as Spring Break, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and other U.S. government holidays (i.e. Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, etc.). Trips are subject to availability and blackout dates. Additional restrictions may apply. Trip is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Apple Vacations reserves the right to substitute the vacation with another on ENVF air and of equal or greater value within the same hotel chain should any unforeseen circumstances occur. If winner contacts hotel or airline, trip will be forfeited in full. Winner and guest must both be at least 21 years of age or older and possess a valid passport. Departure and arrival taxes, Trip Mate Part B Travel Protection and fuel surcharges (approximately $335 – $460 per person, subject to change) will be advised by Promotional Bookings and must be paid by the traveler to Apple Vacations prior to departure within the time stated on your confirmation email. Air carrier baggage charges are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. Any optional service fees including seat selection, meals, and drinks are not included. Environmental tax may apply at hotel check-in. Allow 1-2 weeks for confirmation of your trip. Apple Vacations will email travel documents for your flight and hotel once payment has been received. No changes can be made once confirmed. A cancellation will result in the forfeiture of this certificate. Apple Vacations cannot provide upgrades on promotional rooms. Please ask upon arrival at front desk for cost of upgrade. The parties are acting as independent contractors with respect to each other. Neither party undertakes by this Agreement, or otherwise, to perform any obligation of the other party. Neither party shall be construed as an employee, agent, legal representative, partner or joint venture of the other, or acting as the agent of the other in any respect, all other provisions of this Agreement, notwithstanding. Neither party shall have the authority to contract for or bind the other in any manner and shall not represent itself as an agent of the other party or as otherwise authorized to act for or on behalf of the other party. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007, all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea ravel. For more information, please visit the State Departments consular website at www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website at www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree.
Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the tickets. Valid credit card is required to check into the hotel. The winner is solely responsible for all other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded, including but not limited to ground transportation and any baggage fees or special taxes associated with the airfare. The winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. The winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any cost or circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. Prize is nontransferable and not redeemable for cash. If the winner and his/her guest miss the initial flight as scheduled to Punta Cana, the winner will forfeit the prize. If the winner and/or his/her guest is not present for the return flight to Chicago, he/she is solely responsible for his/her return flight to Chicago. Guest must be at least 21 years of age or older, and will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize.
Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting the Prize. Winner may be required to sign liability and/or publicity release and W9 tax form (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the winner accepts the Prize, and even if the winner does not use the Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS RELATING SPECIFICALLY TO COVID-19: The winners can find updated information on the Center for Disease Control’s website. Prior to entering the designated resort, all guests will be administered a no-touch thermal scan to screen for fever. Anyone with any fever (≥38 C°/100.4 F°) will not be allowed to enter the Resort. There is a risk in entry regardless of temperature checks, and all guests enter at their own risk and shall be advised as follows: If winner or guest experience any symptoms of any illness while at the Resort, please stay in your room and contact the Medical Center. If winner or guest develop symptoms after leaving the resort, see a doctor right away and advise the resort. All guests shall further acknowledge and agree that they are fully aware of the contagious nature and effects of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume that risk and responsibility and further agree that they will release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Promotional Participant, and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries insurers, directors, officers, employees, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, against any claims and/or damages whatsoever, including legal fees relating to any infection, transmission, health condition influenced or otherwise impacted or complication by COVID-19.
Compliance With Government Entities: Sponsor, Promotional Participants and related entities shall have the right to comply with any and all orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any government entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority, and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of these official rules, entitling the guests to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund. All guests are responsible for checking the and entry protocols for the destination that they are traveling to in advance before they depart and ensuring that they fully understand and comply with any and all destination protocols. For example, some destinations may require obtaining a negative PCR Covid-19 test a certain number of days or hours before travel. “Travel Safety Warning: Due to the fact that travel and tourism are constantly in a state of flux, the winner and guest shall be advise to consult the U.S. State Department’s website at www.travel.gov and enter the name of the country that they plan to visit for the latest information concerning traveler safety, security, and health advisories prior to arranging any travel.
6. Claiming the Prize – For the Grand Prize, upon winner verification and the receipt of any signed Prize Release (including a Guest release signed by the designated guest), Sponsor will email the Grand Prize to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, or technical issues that arise out of emailing the Grand Prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, returned or misdirected mailing of any prize.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by March 6, 2023 to: The Drive’s Blow This Town Tropical Trips 2 Winner/Rules (designate which), 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsors – Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.