BRET MICHAELS PARTI-OKE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – Bret Michaels Parti-Oke Contest (the “Contest”) is open to listeners 18 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Live Nation (“Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Contest, you or anyone in your household cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Contest or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or Contest for a period of one year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period – The Contest begins on July 17, 2023 and ends on July 21, 2023 (the “Contest Period”).
3. How to Win – To participate in this Contest, listeners need to listen to Tingle In the Morning on WDRV The Drive each day during the Contest Period for Tingle to sing the lyrics to a Bret Michaels / Poison song on-air and then he will solicit the 11th caller to call into the station at 312-642-9378. The 11th caller will then finish the lyrics Tingle sang on-air and if that 11th caller correctly completes the lyrics to the line of the Bret Michaels song, they will be deemed a First Prize winner (subject to eligibility verification), will receive a First Prize and an entry into the Grand Prize random drawing. If an 11th caller incorrectly completes the lyrics to the line of the Bret Michaels song, then they are not a winner, will not receive a prize and will not receive an entry into the Grand Prize random drawing and the Sponsor will solicit for the next caller to call in and reach the station to correctly complete the lyrics to the line of the song. This process will continue until a caller correctly completes the lyrics to the line of the song. There will be a total of five (5) First Prize winners awarded.
Note that webcasts of Sponsor’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in this portion of the Contest. Odds of becoming a winner via the on-air method of entry depends on the number of eligible callers are calling into the station at the same time.
4. Grand Prize Random Drawing: Then, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner on or about July 21, 2023, from among all First Prize winners. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:5. The Grand Prize winner will be contacted by telephone/email on or about the day of the random drawing. Sponsor will make 2 attempts to reach the potential Grand Prize winner. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached by Sponsor after 2 attempts, they forfeit their right to the Grand Prize, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – One (1) Grand Prize – Invitation to sign “Nothing But A Good Time” on stage during the Concert (defined below) with Bret Michaels. ARV: There is no retail value associated with the Grand Prize experience. Five (5) First Prizes – Two (2) tickets to the Bret Michaels concert at Credit Union One Amphitheater at 8:00 PM CT on July 29, 2023 (“Concert”). ARV: $120.00 each pair. Seat locations are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Parking and Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on ticket. Sponsor is not responsible In the event the Concert is cancelled for any reason, and if such cancellation occurs, the Prize may not be awarded or rescheduled, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Ground transportation and parking is not included as part of the Grand Prize. The winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. The winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. The winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any cost or circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. Prize is nontransferable and nit redeemable for cash.
Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners and guests may be required to sign liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
6. Claiming the Prize – Upon winner verification (and receipt Prize Releases, if required), Sponsor will mail the First Prize to each First Prize winner, to the mailing address provided by each winner. Sponsor will coordinate the Grand Prize with the Grand Prize winner by telephone before July 29, 2023. If a winner cannot prove he or she is an eligible winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope no later than July 28, 2023, to: The Drive’s Bret Michael’s Parti-oke Rules/Winners (designate which), 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsors – Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.