OnAir Contest Runs 12/23/2019 12:00am - 01/09/2020 11:59pm
WDRV The Drive’s All Canada Show Fishing Trip Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV The Drive’s All Canada Show Fishing Trip Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners who are at least 18 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), All Canada Show, PACE Adventures, Manitou Weather Station Fishing Lodge (collectively, the “Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on Monday, December 23, 2019 at or about 12:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”), and ends on Thursday, January 10, 2020 at 6:30 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of an online entry period, which shall start at 12:00:01 AM CT on December 23, 2019 and end at 11:59:59 PM CT on January 9, 2020 (“Online Entry Period”), and an on-site entry period which shall begin at 5:00 PM CT and end at 6:30 PM CT on January 10, 2020 (“On-site Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter to become a Qualifier: There are two (2) ways to become a qualifier and be entered into the Grand Prize random drawing:
A. Online: To enter via the online method of entry, during the Online Entry Period, visit www.wdrv.com, find the “The Drive’s All Canada Show Fishing Trip” contest tab, and complete and submit he online entry form to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. Any attempt by any listener to become a winner more than once by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods, may disqualify that person from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Then, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about January 10, 2019 and will select nine (9) Qualifiers who will each receive a Qualifier Prize, and be included in the Grand Prize random drawing. The potential Qualifiers will be notified by telephone or email on the day of the random drawing. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts to reach the potential Qualifier, and in the event Sponsor is not able to contact any potential winner after the two (2) attempts, that person forfeits his/her right to the Qualifier Prize and also the right to be included in the Grand Prize random drawing, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In such event, an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of becoming a Qualifier via the online method of entry depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Online Entry Period. OR
B. On-site: To become a qualifier via the on-site method of entry, visit the All Canada Show during the On-site Entry Period, at Pheasant Run Mega Center in St. Charles and find the WDRV The Drive’s table outside the Show. Once there, find and complete the Sweepstakes official entry form and deposit the completed entry form into the receptacle at the Show. Limit one (1) on-site entry per person. All entries must be submitted by 6:30 PM CT on January 10, 2020 to be eligible for the random drawing for a chance to become a qualifier. Then, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on January 10, 2019 after 6:30 PM CT and will select one (1) Qualifier who will each receive a Qualifier Prize, and be included in the Grand Prize random drawing. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. The potential Qualifier will be notified by telephone or email on the evening of the random drawing. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts to reach the potential Qualifier, and in the event Sponsor is not able to contact any potential winner after the two (2) attempts, that person forfeits his/her right to the Qualifier Prize and also the right to be included in the Grand Prize random drawing, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In such event, an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of becoming a Qualifier via the on-site method of entry depend on the number of eligible entries received during the On-site Entry Period.
Limit one (1) Qualifier per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any listener to become a qualifier more than once by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods, may disqualify that person from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received.
4. How to Win the Grand Prize: At or about 6:40 PM CT on January 10, 2020 at the Show, each verified Qualifier’s name will be entered into a random drawing, and Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Qualifier to be the Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize winner’s name will be announced at the Show at the conclusion of the random drawing, but potential Grand Prize winner need not be present to win. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1:10. Sponsor will make up to three (3) attempts to reach the potential Grand Prize winner, and if Sponsor is not able to reach the potential Grand Prize winner after three (3) attempts, that person forfeits his/her right to win the Grand Prize, and an alternate will be selected from among all remaining Qualifiers.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – One (1) Grand Prize – A fishing adventure for two (2) people to Ontario, Canada. Trip includes: five (5) night, (4) day stay at the Manitou Weather Station Fishing Lodge for (2) people (cabin includes housekeeping plan, but guest must bring own food); boat, motor, gas, and boat taxi to lodge, Ontario. Trip is subject to reservations and must be used in the 2020 season or winner will forfeit the prize. Winner must contact lodge for exact trip details and requirements. May be subject to blackout dates. Gratuities and taxes are not included as part of the prize. Transportation to/from your locations to lodge –Ontario is not included as part of the prize. Ontario Fishing license and bait is not included as part of the prize. ARV: $1,800.00. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. No prize can be resold on eBay, Craigslist and other entities of the like. The winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded, including but not limited to transportation to/from the resort. The winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any. The winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any cost or circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. Winner and guest must have a valid United States passport to enter Canada. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007, all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea travel. For more information, please visit the State Departments consular website at www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website at www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree.
The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Winner may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
Ten (10) Qualifier Prizes (9 Online and 1 On-site Qualifier) – Two (2) tickets to the 2020 All Canada Show at Pheasant Run Mega Center in St. Charles, IL running from January 9, 2020 through January 12, 2019. ARV: $24 each. The tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the tickets. Transportation and parking are not included as part of the Qualifier prize.
All Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of a Prize. The winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize.
6. Claiming a Prize: Upon winner verification, the winning Qualifiers must each claim his/her prize in person at Will-Call at Pheasant Run Mega Center in St. Charles sometime between January 9, 2020 and January 12, 2020 during the All Canada Show. The winning Qualifier must prove he or she is a qualified winner by presenting acceptable identification (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winning Qualifier cannot prove he or she is a qualified winner, the prize will not be awarded. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor. The Grand Prize winner will work with Sponsor and/or Promotional Participants on how to claim the Grand Prize.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until February 10, 2020. For the names of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 24, 2020, to: WDRV The Drive’s All Canada Show Fishing Trip Winner, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV The Drive, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules