OnAir Contest Runs 02/06/2020 12:00am - 02/14/2020 11:59pm
The Drive’s Clash of the Classic Rock Love Songs
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: The WDRV The Drive’s “Clash of the Classic Rock Love Songs” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to listeners who are 18 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611 (“Sponsor”), Massage Envy, Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 PM Center Time (“CT”) on February 10, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 AM CT on February 14, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will consist of four (4) separate daily random drawings that will each occur at 12:00 PM CT each day during the Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible entries received that day (each, a “Daily Entry Pool”) where Sponsor will randomly select two (2) entries each day during the Sweepstakes Period to participate in the daily Bracket, as described in Official Rule #3 below.
3. How to Enter: To enter, listeners must find the Sweepstakes official entry form on the Contest page found at www.wdrv.com (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period. Then, complete and submit an online entry form, which also includes filling in your favorite classic rock love song (“Song Choice”), to receive one (1) entry into that day’s Daily Entry Pool. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM CT each day during the Sweepstakes Period to receive an entry into the applicable Daily Entry Pool. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete or returned emails. Limit one (1) entry per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email address is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Random Drawings and How Winner Is Determined: Two (2) entries will be selected via a random drawing each day at or about 12:00 PM CT during the Sweepstakes Period, to be conducted by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received in that day’s Daily Entry Pool, to be deemed that day’s Finalists. There will be a total of eight (8) Finalists during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received in the applicable Daily Entry Pool.
Then, each day during the Sweepstakes Period immediately following each random drawing, those two (2) Finalists’ Song Choices will be featured on The Drive’s Facebook page, in a bracket-style competition where members of the public will go to the Facebook page and vote for their favorite Finalist’s Song Choice (each, a “Vote”). Limit of one (1) Vote per person per day. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. No one may offer to sell votes (or offer to be paid, whether in currency, in kind or other form of compensation, for votes). The use of automated or third party software or Website to participate in the Voting process is prohibited. Sponsor in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any votes cast or entries associated with such votes in violation of the above restrictions.
The Finalist who received the most Votes during the Sweepstakes Period will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select the Grand Prize winner from among all tying Finalists. Sponsor will notify the Grand Prize winner on or about February 17, 2020. In the event the Sponsor is unable to reach the potential Grand Prize winner after two (2) attempts, that potential Grand Prize winner may forfeit his/her right to the Grand Prize (at Sponsor’s sole discretion), and the person who received the second to the most Votes will be selected as the alternate Grand Prize winner. This process will continue until the potential Grand Prize winner is verified by Sponsor, time permitting.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize – $150.00 Fogo De Chao Gift Card; a $100.00 Massage Envy Gift Card, and two (2) tickets to the Bon Jovi with Bryan Adams concert on July 21, 2020 at United Center in Chicago. ARV: $350.00. Ground transportation is not included as part of the prize. Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the tickets. Gift Cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the Card. The winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. The winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any cost or circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor if concert is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, any force majeure event such as hurricane, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, insurrection or terrorist threat. In the event of such cancellation, the Sponsor shall have no further liability or obligation to the winner for that portion of the Prize. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason.
Grand Prize winner may be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities. The Grand Prize winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
6. Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must sign and return the Release Forms to the Station via email or mail within five (5) business days of receiving the Release Forms, or prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor. Upon receipt of the Release Forms, the Station will mail out the Prize to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, stolen, delayed or mutilated mailing of any Release Forms or Prize. Unclaimed or returned prize remains the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules