OnAir Contest Runs 02/28/2020 12:00am - 03/13/2020 11:59pm
WDRV – THE DRIVE’S ST. PATTY’S DAY PUB CRAWL CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – The Drive’s St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl Contest (the “Contest”) is open to listeners 21 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, Miller Lite, Downing’s, Island Tap, Morgan’s Bar & Grill, Timothy O’Toole’s and Tommy’s Pizza & Sport Bar (collectively, “Promotional Participants”), including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Contest, you cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Contest or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period – The Contest begins at 4:00 PM Central Time (“CT”) and ends at 6:00 PM CT on Saturday, March 14, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
3. How to Play – To enter, visit on of the following Participating Locations in Chicago during the Contest Period: Downing’s located at 431 S Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL, Island Tap located at 112 E Cook Ave, Libertyville, IL , Morgan’s Bar & Grill located at 112 E Cook Ave, Libertyville, IL, Timothy O’Toole’s located at 412 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL and Tommy’s Pizza & Sport Bar located at 137 Lake St, Libertyville, IL (collectively, “Participating Locations”). Once you arrive at a Participating Location during the Contest Period, look for the WDRV Drive table/booth at the Participating Location and ask to participate in the Contest by picking up one (1) FREE specially-marked playing card. Participants can go to each of the five (5) Participating Locations to pick up one (1) specially-marked FREE playing card per Participating Location. PLEASE NOTE: a participant may obtain ALL five (5) specially-marked FREE playing cards from a single Participating Location if he/she wishes to do so, upon request. Each Participating Location will have ONLY 12 decks of cards that are specially-marked by Sponsor. Cards are only available while supplies last, per Participating Location, and in order to be eligible to win, the cards must be the specially-marked cards obtained at each Participating Location.
Once a participant has obtained five (5) FREE playing cards, he/she may give their cards to any other eligible participant, or trade his/her cards with any other eligible participant, as many times as the participant wishes to do so during the Contest Period. To be deemed a winner in this Contest, the participant at each Participating Location who turns in the “best” poker hand (as set forth in Official Rule #4 below) AND that hand must also spell out the word “DRIVE” on the back, no later than 6:00 PM CT on March 14, 2020 at the WDRV booth/table will be deemed the Grand Prize winner of that Participating Location. Any hand submitted that does NOT also spell out the word “DRIVE” on the back will not be deemed a winner. There will be one (1) winner per Participating Location, for a total of five (5) Grand Prize winners. Each participant may only submit one (1) “best” poker hand during the entire Contest Period. Any person submitting more than one (1) “best” poker hand may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any attempt by any participant to enter using multiple/different identities, or submitting his/her “best” hand at multiple Participating Locations, tamper with the contest in any manner, or use any other methods not specifically allowed per these Official Rules may be disqualified from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Poker Hands/How the Winners are Determined: Hands will be ranked from highest suit to lowest;
Spades beats Hearts beats Diamonds beats Clubs;
Ace is the highest card; two is the lowest card. (a key will be available on display at WDRV table/booth at each Participating Location for reference)
Poker hands in the following order from “best” poker hand to worst poker hand:
Five of a Kind (highest rank or number wins – “best” hand);
Royal Straight Flush (10, J, Q, K, A, all one suit);
Straight Flush (5 cards in numerical order, all in one suit; ranking between straights is determined by the value of the high end of the straight);
Four of a Kind (highest rank or number wins);
Full House (2 of a kind and 3 of a kind; ties on a full house are broken by the three of a kind);
Flush (5 cards of one suit, no numerical order; high card determines the winner);
Straight (5 cards in numerical order, any suit; straight cannot wrap);
Three of a Kind
In addition to holding the “best” poker hand, the cards MUST spell out the entire word “DRIVE,” but the word does NOT have to be in order (i.e., the cards just have to obtain the letters “D” “R” “I” “V” and “E” on the back). The participant handing in the “best” 5-card poker hand that also contains the letters in the word “DRIVE” at each Participating Location, as determined by the Sponsor’s representative in his or her sole discretion, will be named the Grand Prize winner for that Participating Location. Grand Prize winners will be announced at each Participating Location at approximately 6:00 pm CT, upon confirmation of participant’s eligibility.
In the event of a tie of 2 or more participants’ “best” 5-card poker hand at a particular Participating Location, a Sponsor representative will allow the tying participants to draw one (1) card from a full deck. The participant who draws the highest card (Ace is high) will be the Grand Prize Winner among the tying participants at that particular Participating Location. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible participants participating at each Participating Location and the ability for each participant to obtain the cards they need.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – Five (5) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Participating Location) – $100 each in the form of a VISA Gift Card. ARV: $100.00 each. The total ARV for all Prizes is $500.00.
Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting the Prize. Winners may be required to sign liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities, and by signing a Prize Release, the winner accepts the Prize, and even if the winner does not use the Prize, he/she will be responsible for the applicable taxes. Sponsor may substitute any prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value for any or no reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Claiming the Prize – The winner will claim his/her Grand Prize in person at the Participating Location where and when they are deemed that Participating Location’s Grand Prize winner. The winner must prove he or she is an eligible winner by presenting identification acceptable to WDRV (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is an eligible winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Drive’s St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl Winners/Rules (designate which), 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsors – Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
Return to list of Contest Rules