OnAir Contest Runs 05/19/2020 12:00am - 05/22/2020 11:59pm
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – The Drive’s Cash Stimulus Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners who are at least 18 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you (or anyone in your household) cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period: The Sweepstakes runs weekdays only and begins on April 20, 2020, at or about 7:10 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends at or about 7:00 PM CT on May 22, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: This is a “listen and win” Sweepstakes. To play, listeners need to listen to WDRV The Drive weekdays at or about 7:10 AM CT for the DJ to announce on-air who that day’s Classic Rock Artist of the Day is (the “Artist of the Day”). Then, later that day sometime between 7:10 AM CT and 7:00 PM CT, WDRV The Drive will play a song by that day’s Artist of the Day (each, a “Play Period”). When a listener hears a song by that day’s Artist of the Day played during a Play Period and is the ninety-seventh (97th) caller who reaches the Station by calling 312-642-9378, he/she will be deemed a Grand Prize winner for that Play Period (subject to verification of eligibility). There will be forty (40) Grand Prize winners during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of listeners calling after the Artist of the Day’s song is played.
Note that webcasts of Station’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept collect calls. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone line unavailability, busy signals on the Sweepstakes line, operator interference, technical or atmospheric conditions that disrupt the completion of the phone call, telephone system malfunctions, or any other telephone problems which may or may not result from this Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Limit one (1) Grand Prize winner per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
4. Prizes & Approximate Retail Values: Forty (40) Grand Prizes – $1,000.00, awarded in the form of a check. ARV: $1,000.00 each. The prizes will be awarded only if the potential winners fully comply with these Official Rules. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Each winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. Each winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any. Each winner will be required to complete and submit a W9 tax form, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) prior to and as a condition of receiving the prize. Sponsor will issue a 1099 to the proper taxing authorities.
5. Claiming the Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must sign and return the Release Forms to the Station via email or mail within ten (10) business days of receiving the Release Forms, or prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, participation in the Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Contest, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
9. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois, USA; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois, USA.
10. Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Contest winners’ (available after May 29, 2020), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 29, 2020 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), The Drive’s “Cash Stimulus” Sweepstakes, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
11. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, The Drive, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601
Return to list of Contest Rules