OnAir Contest Runs 05/20/2020 12:00am - 09/04/2020 11:59pm
WDRV The Drive’s 97 Days of Summer Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
• Eligibility – The WDRV The Drive’s 97 Days of Summer Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners who are 21 years or older and legal U.S. residents of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E Randolph St. Suite #2700 in Chicago, IL 60614 (“Sponsor”), Mark Anthony Brands Inc. (“Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), employees/officers/directors of alcohol beverage licensees (i.e., alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers) and their immediate families or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you (or anyone in your household) cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period & Event Date: The Sweepstakes begins on May 22, 2020 at or about 12:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”), and ends on September 4, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will be seventy-four (74) weekday entry periods, each will begin at 12:00:00 AM CT and end at 11:00:00 AM CT each weekday (Mon-Fri) during the Sweepstakes Period except for May 25, 2020 and July 3, 2020 (each, an “Online/On-Air Entry Period”).
• How to Enter: Each day, a base/minimum jackpot amount of a $50.00 in Cash will be available for a chance to win (“Jackpot”). In the event there is not a winner on any weekday as set forth below, that day’s Jackpot will roll over and be added to the next day’s Jackpot amount (i.e., totaling $100.00 in Cash). This process will continue until someone wins a Jackpot in accordance with the rules below.
To enter to win, visit www.wdrv.com, find the “97 Days of Summer” contest tab, and, complete and submit the online entry form (including verifying that you are or legal drinking age) by 11:00:00 AM CT that weekday to receive one (1) entry into that weekday’s Online/On-Air Entry Period random drawing. Then, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing each weekday during the Online/On-Air Entry Period and will select one (1) potential winner whose name will be read on-air at approximately 3:10:00 p.m. CT on the day of the random drawing. The potential winners will also be notified by telephone on the day of the random drawing between 3:00 and 3:10 PM CT and that potential winner must answer his/her phone to be deemed an official Grand Prize winner (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules). For the avoidance of doubt, messages will NOT be left on the potential winner’s phone or with a third party answering potential winner’s phone. In the event Sponsor is not able to contact any potential winner when the Sponsor calls the potential winner between 3:00 and 3:10 PM CT for any reason, that person forfeits his/her right to be a winner, and that day’s Jackpot amount will roll over and be added to the next day’s Jackpot amount. By submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes, the entrant hereby agrees to allow Sponsor to announce his or her name on-air in the event they are chosen as a Grand Prize winner.
Sponsor and Promotional Participant are not responsible for attempted telephone calls which are not received regardless of cause. Limit one (1) entry per person per weekday, and limit one (1) Grand Prize per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any listener to become a winner more than once by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods, may disqualify that person from winning any prize and/or being selected as a winner, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor and Promotional Participant are not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received regardless of cause.
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – A total of $7,450.00 in Cash, will be given away (a minimum of one $50.00 in Cash as a minimum for each winner), over seventy-four (74) Online/On Air Entry Periods. Prizes consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Winners are solely responsible for any state, local or federal taxes associated with the prize.
The Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize(s). Prize winners will be required to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize along with acceptable identification (as defined in Section 6 below). A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
5. Claiming a Prize: Upon winner verification, as a condition of being named an official winner, each potential winner must sign and return the Release Forms to the Station via email or mail within ten (10) business days of receiving the Release Forms, or prize may be forfeited at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of any prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s/Promotional Participant’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation or notice of any kind except where prohibited by law.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor shall endeavor to conduct the Sweepstakes as set forth herein to the extent feasible and/or otherwise in a manner which is fair and reasonable as determined in its sole discretion, selecting winners as well as attempting to prizes. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be broadcast on WDRV as well as being posted www.wdrv.com and on Sponsor’s official pages on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant/participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, the selection of winners, or the awarding of prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering/participating in this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant/participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant/participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant/participant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules/Winners’ List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website until October 4, 2020. For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by September 11, 2020, to: WDRV The Drive’s 97 Days of Summer Winners, 130 E. Randolph St. Suite #2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV The Drive, 130 E. Randolph St. Suite #2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
© 2019 Mark Anthony Brands Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and disclaims any and all liability in conjunction with same, including but not limited to the selection of prize winners and/or the awarding/fulfillment of prizes.
Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co., Chicago, IL. www.mikeshard.com ® is a registered trademark and ™ is a trademark of Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co.
MIKE’S IS HARD. SO IS PRISON. DON’T DRIVE DRUNK.®
Return to list of Contest Rules