OnAir Contest Runs 09/16/2020 12:00am - 10/31/2020 11:59pm
WDRV – Live FREE For the Rest of 2020 Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – The Drive’s Live FREE For the Rest of 2020 Contest (the “Contest”) is open to listeners who are at least 18 years or older and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Point to Point Marketing (“Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Contest, you (or anyone in your household) cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Contest. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Contest or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or Contest for a period of one year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period: The Contest runs weekdays only and begins on September 17, 2020, at or about 12:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends at or about 5:10 PM CT on October 30, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
(1) The entry period which will begin at 12:00:01 AM CT on September 17, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on October 29, 2020 (“Entry Period”); and
(2) The prize period will be broken out into five (5) prize windows each weekday during beginning on September 21, 2020 and ending on October 30, 2020; with each prize window at or about 7:10 AM, 11:10 AM CT, 1:10 PM CT; 3:10 PM CT and 5:10 PM CT each weekday (each a “Prize Period”).
3. How to Enter to Play: To enter, eligible entrants must visit The Drive WDRV website at http://www.wdrv.com (“Website”) during the Entry Period to find, complete and submit an online entry form. Upon registering, eligible entrants will automatically receive one entry into the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person per day.
4. How to Win a Cash Prize This is a “listen and win” Contest. To see if you have a chance to win, you must listen to The Drive during each Prize Period (defined in Official Rule 2 (2) above) for your name to be announced on the air. Once your name is announced, you will have ten (10) minutes to personally call 312-642-WDRV and reach the station (“Call Window”). Once you have reached the station within the Call Window, you will receive a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card for that Prize Period and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize random drawing. If the person’s whose name is read on-air does not call and reach the station within the Call Window, then he/she will not win $25 Amazon Gift Card for that Prize Period and will not be included in the Grand Prize random drawing, and there will be no winner for that Prize Period.
The person calling in to the station to claim the $25 Amazon Gift Card and an entry into the Grand Prize random drawing must be the person whose name was announced on-air; substitute callers (e.g. friends, relatives, co-workers, etc.) are NOT allowed, except in the case of a disability that prevents the person whose name is announced from calling himself or herself, and will result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Note that webcasts of Sponsor’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in this portion of the Contest. Odds of becoming a winner depend on the number of eligible entries received, and whether or not the person whose name is drawn randomly calls into the station during his/her Call Window.
5. How Grand Prize Winner Is Chosen – One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all Prize Period winners, via a random drawing, to be held on or about November 2, 2020. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone via the number from his/her entry. If the potential Grand Prize winner whose number is called does not answer his/her phone (i.e., the phone goes to voicemail, they are not understandable, or the number continues to ring without anyone answering), he/she will not become a winner, and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining Game Period players received. This process will continue until a potential winner whose number is called answers his/her phone. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are up to 1:160.
6. Prizes & Approximate Retail Values: One (1) Grand Prize – $20,000.00, awarded in the form of a check to the Grand Prize winner. ARV: $20,000.00 each. The prizes will be awarded only if the potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Point to Point Marketing will award the Grand Prize to the Grand Prize winner on behalf of Sponsor. Up to one-hundred sixty (160) Prize Period Prizes – A $25.00 Amazon Gift Card. ARV: $25.00 each. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on the gift card.
The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Each winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. Each winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any. Each winner may be required to complete and submit a W9 tax form, a liability/publicity release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) prior to and as a condition of receiving the prize. Sponsor may issue a 1099 to the proper taxing authorities.
5. Claiming the Prize: In order to collect their Prize by mail, each potential Prize winner must provide his or her mailing address to Sponsor, along with the Prize Release and W9 (if applicable), in the timeframe set forth by Sponsor. Upon receipt of the mailing address, and Prize Release and W9 (if applicable), Sponsor will mail the Prize to that winner. In the event the potential Prize winner fails to verify their address or any required documents within the timeframe provided by Sponsor, he or she will forfeit his or her right to the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, damaged, stolen or mutilated mailing of any prize. All unclaimed or returned Prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Contest, participation in the Contest, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize ; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes, of his/her likeness, voice (including a recording of the winner’s telephone call to the station) and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation. By calling in to participate in this Contest, each participant consents to his or her voice and telephone conversation being recorded and/or broadcast.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
9. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois, USA; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois, USA.
10. Contest Winners/Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, or the names of the Contest winners’ (available after November 2, 2020), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 6, 2020 to: Winners List/Official Rules (designate which), The Drive’s “Live FREE For the Rest of 2020” Contest, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
11. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, The Drive, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601
Return to list of Contest Rules