Punta Cana Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – The Drive’s Punta Cana Trip Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners 21 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Windy City Travel, Apple Vacations, AMR Collection (collectively, the “Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participants, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you or anyone in your household cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period – The Sweepstakes begins on March 7, 2022 at or about 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”), and ends on April 1, 2022 at 11:59:59 PM CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter – To enter during the Sweepstakes Period, listeners must register on the WDRV The Drive Stream Player at www.wdrv.com (“Website”) or on their respective mobile device. Then, listen to WDRV The Drive through the Stream Player during the Sweepstakes Period, and for every six (6) hours or more you listen through the WDRV The Drive Stream Player on The WDRV APP or at www.wdrv.com in any given day during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be eligible to receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. Limit of one (1) entry per eligible entrant per day. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete or returned emails.
4. Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about April 4, 2022 from among all eligible entries received. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries are received. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email. Failure to respond to the winner notification within twenty-four (24) hours or after two (2) attempts by Sponsor to contact a potential Grand Prize winner, will be deemed forfeiture of the Grand Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for email notifications that are undeliverable or voicemail messages not received.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize– A 3-night trip for two (2) to Breathless resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; includes three (3) night’s stay in one (1) standard room (double occupancy) at Breathless Punta Cana; roundtrip coach class airfare for two (2) people from/to Chicago to/from Punta Cana; and transfers to/from airport in Punta Cana to the resort. ARV: $3,000.00. Trip must be taken by December 14, 2022 or will be forfeited in its entirety. Valid US passport required for winner and guest.
Based on availability and reservations are required and flight and reservations must occur on mutually approved dates. Round-trip coach airfare for two (2) is valid from a designated airport in Chicago as approved by Sponsor or Promotional Participants to the Punta Cana airport. The tickets are valid until the applicable expiration date listed in the prize description above and are subject to availability and black-out periods (determined by Promotional Participants at their sole discretion). Flights will be on mutually approved dates. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Flights are subject to change and availability. Trips are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Telephone calls, Premium Wi-Fi, spa treatments and services, specialty dining, tours & excursions, inter-island transportation, island departure taxes and purchases made at the resort are not included. Winners are solely responsible for airline taxes and fees. All expenses not specifically listed in these Official Rules (including but not limited to ground transportation to/from the airport in Chicago) are sole responsibility of the winners. The prize will be awarded only if the potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner except Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. All local, state, and federal taxes on the Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Taxes and fees are subject to change upon notice from Sponsor and are nonrefundable. Winner is responsible for charges incurred for winner name changes or trip cancellations. Additional air carrier baggage charges are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. Any optional service fees including seat selection, meals, and drinks are not included and are the responsibility of the traveling passenger. If the winner and his/her guest miss the initial flight as scheduled to Punta Cana, the winner will forfeit the prize. If the winner and/or his/her guest is not present for the return flight to Chicago he/she is solely responsible for his/her return flight to Chicago. Guest must be at least 21 years of age or older with a legal US passport and will be required, along with the Grand Prize winner, to sign a liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING NEW PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: As of January 23, 2007, all international travelers must present a government issued passport for U.S. Customs re-entry after air, land or sea ravel. For more information, please visit the State Departments consular website at www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s website at www.dhs.gov. It is the traveler’s responsibility to provide proper documentation. Married or divorced women traveling under names other than what is printed on their travel documents must supply a marriage license and/or divorce decree.
Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize, or portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of a Prize.
The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize. Winner will be required to sign a Liability and/or Publicity Release and W9 tax form (collectively, “Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize. A 1099 form will be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS RELATING SPECIFICALLY TO COVID-19: The winner and guest can find updated information on the Center for Disease Control’s website. Prior to entering the designated resort, all guests will be administered a no-touch thermal scan to screen for fever. Anyone with any fever (≥38 C°/100.4 F°) will not be allowed to enter the Resort. There is a risk in entry regardless of temperature checks, and all guests enter at their own risk and shall be advised as follows: If winner or guest experience any symptoms of any illness while at the Resort, please stay in your room and contact the Medical Center. If winner or guest develop symptoms after leaving the resort, see a doctor right away and advise the resort. All guests shall further acknowledge and agree that they are fully aware of the contagious nature and effects of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume that risk and responsibility and further agree that they will release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Windy City Travel, Apple Vacations, AMR Collection, and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries insurers, directors, officers, employees, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, against any claims and/or damages whatsoever, including legal fees relating to any infection, transmission, health condition influenced or otherwise impacted or complication by COVID-19.
Compliance With Government Entities: Apple Vacations, its affiliates, and parent as well as Windy City Travel, AMR Collection, and Sponsor, and related entities shall have the right to comply with any and all orders, recommendations, or directions whatsoever given by any government entity or by persons purporting to act with such authority, and such compliance shall not be deemed a breach of these official rules, entitling the guests to assert any claim for liability, compensation or refund. All guests are responsible for checking the and entry protocols for travel to Dominican Republic in advance before they depart and ensuring that they fully understand and comply with any and all destination protocols. For example, some destinations may require obtaining a negative PCR Covid-19 test a certain number of days before travel. “Travel Safety Warning: Due to the fact that travel and tourism are constantly in a state of flux, the winners and guests shall be advise to consult the U.S. State Department’s website at www.travel.gov and enter the name of the country that they plan to visit for the latest information concerning traveler safety, security, and health advisories prior to arranging any travel.
6. Claiming the Prize – Upon winner verification and the receipt of any signed Prize Release (including a Guest release signed by the designated guest), Sponsor will email the Grand Prize to the winner. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, or technical issues that arise out of emailing the prize. All unclaimed or returned prizes remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the winner, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by April 7, 2022 to: The Drive’s Punta Cana Giveaway Winner/Rules (designate which), 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
13. Sponsors – Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.