Shake The Lake 2022 Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility – The WDRV – Shake The Lake Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to listeners 21 years or older and residents Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan or Indiana. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Mikes Hard Lemonade Co., City Cruises Chicago (“Promotional Participants”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Indiana radio stations, are not eligible to enter. In order to be eligible to win a prize in this Sweepstakes, you or anyone in your household cannot have won or accepted any prize with a value of up to $599 from WDRV within 30 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this promotion, or won any prize or combination of prizes with a total stated value of $600.00 or more from WDRV within 60 days prior to the awarding of a prize to you in this Sweepstakes. These restrictions apply even if you reject the prize. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period – The Sweepstakes begins on June 29, 2022 and ends on August 13, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into three (3) separate entry periods as follows:
I. On-Air Period: The on-air entry period begins at or about 7:30 AM CT on July 25, 2022 and ends at or about 10:00 PM CT on August 13, 2022 (“On-Air Period”);
II. Online Period: The online entry period begins at or about 12:00:00 AM CT on July 29, 2022 and ends at or about 11:59:59 PM CT on August 11, 2022 (“Online Period”); and
III. Event Period: There will be five separate events where listeners can attend and enter (each, an “Event Period”).
3. How to Enter & Win – There are three (3) ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
I. On-Air: To enter via the on-air method of entry, listeners need to listen to WDRV The Drive during the On-Air Period for the DJ to solicit the 9th caller to win tickets in this Sweepstakes. Then, when a listener hears the DJ solicit caller 9, the 9th caller who reaches the Station by calling 312-642-9378 wins a Grand Prize (subject to eligibility verification). There will be a total of fifteen (15) Grand Prize winners awarded via this on-air method of entry.
Note that webcasts of Sponsor’s programming are typically on a delayed basis, which may affect a webcast listener’s ability to participate in this portion of the Sweepstakes. Odds of becoming a winner via the on-air method of entry depends on the number of eligible callers are calling into the station at the same time.
II. Online: To enter via the Online method of entry, eligible entrants can visit www.wdrv.com (“Website”) during the Online Period, and search “Shake the Lake” on the Sweepstakes page. Once on the Sweepstakes page, find, complete and submit the official entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or technical errors that interfere with the entry process. All online entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM CT on August 11, 2022 to be eligible for the Online Random Drawing.
Online Random Drawing: Then, Sponsor will randomly select at least one (1) Grand Prize winners on or about August 12, 2022 from among all entries received via the Online method of entry. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Online Period. The Grand Prize winners will be contacted by telephone/email on or about the day of the random drawing. Sponsor will make 2 attempts to reach each potential Grand Prize winner. In the event the potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached by Sponsor after 2 attempts, they forfeit their right to the Grand Prize, and an alternate may be selected, time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
III. Events: To enter via the Event method of entry, eligible entrants must visit one of the five (5) Events as published on the Website (www.WDRV.com), once you arrive at an Event, look for the WDRV Drive table/booth to find and complete an official entry form and deposit the completed form in the receptacle at the Event no more than 10 minutes prior to each Event’s ending time. All Event entries must be received 10 minutes prior to the published end time of each Event to be included in the random drawings.
Event Random Drawings: Then, beginning thirty (30) minutes after the start time of each Event, and every thirty (30) minutes thereafter, a random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor from among all entries received during the Event up until each random drawing time, to award one Grand Prize winner every 30 minutes, for a total of five (5) Grand Prize winners per Event. Each First Prize winner will be announced at the Event. MUST BE PRESENT AT THE EVENT WHEN GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S NAME IS ANNOUNCED TO WIN A GRAND PRIZE. If a Grand Prize winner’s name is announced and the Grand Prize winner is no longer present at the Event, Sponsor will randomly select another alternate Grand Prize winner’s name. This process will continue until a Grand Prize winner whose name is announced is present at the Event. Odds of winning a Grand Prize at an Event depend on the number of eligible entries received during each applicable Event. Limit one (1) entry per person per Event.
4. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV’s”) – Fifty-Five Grand Prizes (15 On-Air, 1 Online, and 25 Event Grand Prize winners) – Two (2) Exclusive Invitations to attend “Shake the Lake” Event aboard the Spirit of Navy Pier on Sunday, August 14, 2022 from 12:30 PM CT – 2:30 PM CT. Each Invitation includes a two-hour cruise with Sherman & Tingle, an awesome food spread and two (2) Mike’s Hard Lemonade drink tickets. ARV: $200.00 each pair. Grand Prize winner and Grand Prize winner’s guest must be 21 years or older and possess and present a valid identification to Sponsor as a condition of entry into the Event. Tickets are subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions as printed on ticket. Sponsor is not responsible In the event the Event has to be cancelled for any reason, and if such cancellation occurs the Prize may not be awarded or rescheduled, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Ground transportation and parking is not included as part of the Grand Prize. The winner is responsible for any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded. The winner is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. The winner and his/her guest acknowledge and agree that if any alcohol is consumed by the winner and his/her guest, such alcohol consumption is at the sole discretion of the winner and his/her guest and the sponsors are not responsible for any cost or circumstances resulting from such alcohol purchases/consumption. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason. Prize is nontransferable and nit redeemable for cash.
Winners must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners and guests may be required to sign liability and/or publicity release (“Prize Release”) prior to issuance of a prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. A 1099 form may be submitted to all appropriate taxing authorities.
5. Claiming the Prize – The Grand Prize winners will claim their Grand Prize in person at Will Call at the “Shake the Lake” Event on August 14, 2022 before 12:15 PM CT. The winners must prove they are an eligible winner by presenting identification acceptable to WDRV (e.g., state driver’s license; state issued identification card; valid passport with address verification; or birth certificate with social security card and photo identification and address verification). If a winner cannot prove he or she is an eligible winner, the prize will not be awarded. Any unclaimed prize remains the property of Sponsor.
6. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness – By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
7. General Conditions – Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. Limitations of Liability – The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
10. Disputes/Governing Law – Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
11. Winner’s List/Official Rules – For the names of the winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Drive’s Shake the Lake Rules/Winners (designate which), 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
12. Sponsors – Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.
© 2022 Mark Anthony Brands Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and disclaims any and all liability in conjunction with same, including but not limited to the selection of prize winners and/or the awarding/fulfillment of prizes.
Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co., Chicago, IL. www.mikeshard.com ® is a registered trademark and ™ is a trademark of Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co.
MIKE’S IS HARD. SO IS PRISON. DON’T DRIVE DRUNK.®