The Small Business Bowl Rules
The Drive’s Small Business Bowl
Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility: The WDRV The Drive’s “Small Business Bowl” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open entrants who are at least 18 years of age or older and are legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan who are either currently employed at or who currently own a small business that is in good standing and is officially organized or incorporated in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan (“Eligible Entrant”). To be an Eligible Entrant, the business may NOT be a small business that involves or is a religious institution, in the adult entertainment industry, a government entity, a school, a political affiliation or a marijuana business and must have annual revenue of less than $5 million in 2020 (each a “Non-Eligible Entity”). Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 875 Michigan Avenue, Suite 1510, Chicago, IL 60611 (“Sponsor”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 PM Center Time (“CT”) on February 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on February 25, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will consist of ten (10) separate daily random drawings that will each occur each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible entries received up until that random drawing (each, a “Daily Entry Pool”) where Sponsor will randomly select two (2) entries each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period for a total of twenty (20) Qualifiers.
- How to Enter: To enter, listeners must find the Sweepstakes official entry form on the Contest page found at wdrv.com (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period. Then, complete and submit an online entry form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT the day prior to each Daily Entry Pool, or by 11:59:59 PM CT on February 25, 2021, to be eligible for the final Daily Entry Pool’s random drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, incomplete or returned emails. Limit one (1) entry per person during the entire Sweepstakes Period.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email address is registered. The entrant may be required to provide evidence that the entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry and complete an affidavit and/or any applicable releases. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which may be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to enter by using multiple/different identities, or any other methods may disqualify that participant from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Random Drawings and How Winners Are Determined: Two (2) entries will be selected via a random drawing each weekday at or about 9:00 AM CT during the Sweepstakes Period, to be conducted by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received in that day’s Daily Entry Pool, to be deemed that day’s Qualifiers. Each Qualifier will receive a First Prize and be entered into the Grand Prize random drawing. There will be a total of forty (40) Qualifiers during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Odds of being selected as a Qualifier depend on the number of eligible entries received in the applicable Daily Entry Pool. Any non-winning entry from any Daily Entry Pool random drawing WILL roll over to subsequent Daily Entry Pool random drawings. Each Qualifier will be notified by telephone and/or email, and Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts to reach each Qualifier. In the event Sponsor is unable to reach any potential Qualifier after two (2) attempts, that Qualifier may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and an alternate Qualifier will be selected, time permitting.
Then, on or about March 1, 2021, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all Qualifiers. Odds of being selected as the Grand Prize winner are 1:20. Sponsor will notify the Grand Prize winner on or about the day of the random drawing via email or telephone. In the event Sponsor is unable to reach any potential Grand Prize winner after two (2) attempts, that Grand Prize winner may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize – A $9,700 advertising campaign on WDRV The Drive for the winning small business featured in the entry. ARV: $9,700.00. NOTE: commercial spots associated with the Grand Prize will air where inventory is available and may be bumped to other times depending on commercial inventory demand on WDRV during that time. Winning business must work with WDRV on the advertising campaign providing appropriate copy points. WDRV has final approval on all spots that run. The campaign must occur by December 31, 2021. Any remaining campaign elements that remain after December 31, 2021 will be forfeited and go unawarded. Forty (40) First Prizes (2 awarded each weekday) – A 1-minute commercial to air on WDRV. Sponsor will schedule an interview with Qualifier and edit the interview into an on-air advertisement for the winning small business featured in the winning entry. The commercial will air on WDRV one (1) time at either 6:30 AM or1:55 PM CT on a day and specific time as determined by WDRV at Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event Sponsor is unable to interview Qualifier after two (2) scheduled attempts, the prize will not be awarded. ARV: $500.00 each.
The winning business listed on the winning entry form is solely responsible for local, state and federal taxes on the prize. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by winner, but Sponsor may substitute the prize, or any portion thereof, for a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion for any reason.
- Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules, see the Website.
- Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV at 130 E. Randolph, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.