WDRV The Drive & Chick-Fil-A’s “Workforce Wednesdays” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
1. Eligibility: To enter WDRV The Drive & Chick-Fil-A’s “Workforce Wednesdays” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), listeners who are 18 years of age or older can nominate their place of employment located which must be a bona fide licensed business located within the WDRV listening area in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin or Michigan (“Entrant”). Please note: for purposes of these official rules, an Entrant is the business listed on the entry form and not the individual person who is completing and submitting the entry from. Employees of Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601 (“Sponsor”), Chick-Fil-A (the “Promotional Participant”), Hubbard Radio, LLC, including their subsidiaries, affiliates, parent or related companies, and their immediate families, (collectively, with Sponsor and Promotional Participant, the “Released Parties”), or employees of other Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, or Michigan radio stations, are not eligible to enter. Anyone participating in this Sweepstakes or claiming a prize in this promotion in violation of these rules will be disqualified from winning a prize in this promotion and from participating in WDRV contests or sweepstakes for a period of one year. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) on July 9, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on December 22, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period will be broken out into twenty-three (23) separate weekly entry pools, each beginning at 12:00:00 AM CT on Thursday and ending at 11:59:59 PM CT on the following Wednesday during the Sweepstakes Period (each, a “Weekly Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter, eligible Entrants can visit www.wdrv.com (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period, and search “Workforce Wednesdays” on the Sweepstakes page. Once on the Sweepstakes page, find, complete and submit the official entry form, which includes the licensed bona fide business you are nominating to be the Entrant. Limit one (1) entry per nominator per day. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, or technical errors that interfere with the entry process.
4. How to Win the Grand Prize: Sponsor will conduct random drawings each Friday, beginning on July 16, 2021, to select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among the prior Weekly Entry Period’s eligible Entries. Odds of becoming a Grand Prize winner depend on the number of eligible Entries received during each applicable Weekly Entry Period. Winner will be notified by Sponsor sending an email or calling the person who completed and submitted the winner’s entry form, on behalf of the Entrant. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts to reach the contact person on the winner’s entry form. In the event that Sponsor is unable to reach the contact person after two (2) attempts, an alternate may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion..
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”) – Twenty-three (23) Grand Prizes (one (1) per Weekly Entry Period) – Lunch at the business on the winning entry form for up to 30 people from Chick-fil-A consisting of Sponsor-specified items from the Chick-fil-A menu which will be delivered to the business address listed on the entry form (subject to eligibility) around noon the Wednesday immediately following the day they are selected as the Grand Prize winner. ARV: Up to $150.00 each. Winning business must arrange for the lunch to be delivered to the business location on the Wednesday immediately following the day they are selected as a Grand Prize winner, or prize will be forfeited and go unawarded. Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of a Prize. In the event there are fewer than 30 lunches delivered winner will not receive a credit for any remaining lunches that went unused. The winning business must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable income taxes associated with accepting their Prize.
6. Claiming a Prize: After winner verification, winner must make the proper arrangements with Sponsor to receive the Grand Prize the Wednesday immediately following the random drawing date they were selected as a Grand Prize winner or prize will be forfeited.
7. Participation Conditions/Release/Consent to use Likeness: By participating, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including, but not limited to, negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including, but not limited to, invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s participation in this Sweepstakes, and acceptance or use or misuse of prize; (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize; and (d) allow Sponsor’s use for promotional purposes of his/her likeness, voice and/or address (city/state) without any additional compensation.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited, to malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the participation process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of phone calls; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
11. Disputes/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
12. Official Rules/Winner’s List: For a copy of these Official Rules or the name of the Grand Prize winner, see The Drive’s website at www.wdrv.com or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to The Drive’s & Chick-Fil-A “Workforce Wednesdays” Rules/Winners List (designate which), 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601
13. Sponsor: Hubbard Radio Chicago, LLC and its station WDRV The Drive, 130 East Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60601.